Several months ago I decided to try Hangouts On Air to broadcast my Internet Radio Show. The first frustrating step at that time no permanent link to post prior to show. Update 08/23/17 Links now provided through live stream navigation on YouTube channel.
I post the link prior to show this allows folks to share link and join me at broadcast scheduled time. For those of you learning about G+ ( Googles Social Network). You will need a gmail account.
Create G+ Account and Connect YouTube. Good step by step from Social Media Examiner . This will take a little work but worth it. YourYouTube channel will be a shell and need some hands on. If you need more info Google search YouTube Help.. tons of great educational videos..
Assuming you know something about Hangouts? Going to assume those reading do.
Radio Show Process
1. Post Link above to all my social networks prior to show with Guest Information including Time and Date
2. At time of the show I enter my G+ go to my profile and navigation bar on left click "hangouts on air".
3. Name Hangout Title of Show Click "Start Hangout"
4. Load effects run through test audio and cancel camera ( top right).
5. Start Broadcast
6. Live show is on G+ profile and YouTube Live. YouTube is archiving show.
7. When show ends go to YouTube click on My Channel then Video Manger in my playlist find the show and add keywords and information about show. Save and now your show is ready to share back as "On demand.
8. I recently created a account on Viewbix. This now allows me to create a custom player and add info about guest, link to guest website, link for my newsletter, links to my social networks and links to all my sponsors websites.
9. Once this is completed ViewBix offers a link for copy /paste and embed code. The final product I push back out for "on demand" play. Below is one of my shows with completed process.
As of 08/23/2017 Hangouts on Air moved to YouTube channel under live stream navigation.
Link Hangouts on Air