I looked at some other portals and considered moving the Internet Radio Station. After testing a few and realizing it was not going to work. Decided to look at Google Hangouts.
My normal process on my Internet Radio Station was broadcast live and then after the show convert the wma to mp3 and then upload my mp3 to Kiwi6.com. The Kiwi site allows me to host each mp3 show and creates a single page for each show. Folks can download the show, share to social networks, blogs and embed the player or link to websites. One of the Show pages located on Kiwi6.com
I started playing around with Google Hangouts realized I could cut the camera off and do my audio only show. What I liked about Hangouts the live show is broadcasting on my G+ page and YouTube. The internet show is archiving to YouTube during live show.
I can do several things with my Internet Radio Shows using Google Hangouts.
1. Broadcast Live Audio Only.
2. Once Live Show is Complete. Go back to YouTube sign in and under video manager click on that archive then edit open the show with its black screen and go to annotations and add Hurdie Burk Intenet Broadcast Network and drag that through the time line of the show so no black screen is present. Or add pictures.
3. Download the video file ( it's audio but is a video file) to my hard drive. Use my converter to capture audio only and then edit and convert to mp3.
4. I Upload to Kiwi6.com ( link to same show above audio only) so folks can share the audio file. This means the show is located on YouTube and Kiwi6.com. Both have share capabilities.
5. Listen to archive on YouTube.
This is one of the shows Broadcast Live on Hangouts. I went back and added annotations to the archive on YouTube. When you start to listen after about 2 seconds the screen is no longer Black.
Today's tools allow for creativity and with a little know how one can figure ways to utilize services which, a few years ago did not exist.
I help small business owners with cost effective branding using video online.